October 12, 2011

Dress Shopping on a budget

     I have what I thought would be a AMAZING dress budget! Well that was until I started dress shopping. I never thought that so many dresses were thousands of dollars. And of course I love looking at those dresses and falling in love with them even though they are so far out of budget.
    There is some amazing and affordable dresses at Davids bridal and Alfred Angelo. And yes I have been to Davids bridal and tried on dresses before But I have not been able to go to Alfred Angelo yet But it is on my list of stores to go to!
    But I am pretty sure I am going to fall in love with a dress that is so far out of budget I couldn't make it work even if I wanted to Like this Martina Liana style number 260.
   But luckily I know if I find a dress that I could not imagine wearing anything else for the wedding I could always find it used on a pre-owned wedding dress site. Here is a list of a few I found with a  quick google search

    And I'm sure that those are not the only ones. But it is a good start! So when I am trying on wedding dresses when I am asked what my wedding dress budget is I might fib a little bit... Because if I find a dress that I am in love with I can just search the preowned wedding dress sites until I find the dress I need! Plus when buying Preowned you don't have a 6 month wait, 9 times out of 10 they already have a bustle and one of the best reasons would be the price difference! You only wear your wedding dress for a few hours anyways right?

    5 comments:

    1. I think this is a great idea, to look at the preowned sites. I also think you can find some gorgeous and fabulous dresses for a reasonable price - but try not to try on anything toooo far out of your budget so you don't fall in love with something that might not be available for less on a pre-owned site. Good luck! dress shopping is a lot of fun!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ooh, I'm getting my dress from Alfred Angelo! It's amazing! Also check out marysbridal.com Beautiful dresses under $1000. You may have a retailer near you.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh I wont go too far over... no worries,
      And thanks Miss Tattoo I will look into them!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Pre-owned sites are great for the budget. Also check out Maggie Sottero gowns. A ton of them are under $900

      ReplyDelete
    5. You can get some great finds on pre-owned sites. I used them to see what dresses I liked looked like on real brides.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!